Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hello and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence

Hi. I'm Molly (Wandering Molly or MollyTheWanderer). I like TV. I watch a lot of movies, cartoons and plain old television, so I thought I'd share my thoughts and feelings about what I'm watching with you, the reader. Ready? Here we go!

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence

Rating: B+

I liked this movie. It found a good balance between the seriousness of Nolan's Batman and the silliness of West's Batman, which is where I think most, if not all superhero movies should fall. I liked the way it looked (it both looked and felt like an independant film), and I really enjoyed the use of animation. This movie looked like a comic book (see the scene where Roarke and Carrigan talk on the phone).

It had a simple plot, and was fairly linear with a small cast, which is appreciated in film of this caliber, not expecting us to take too much in. I found the european settings a little unneeded (indiscriminate european location #3!), but they never looked silly and if that's all I have to complain about, I'm happy.

The acting was good too. Hey, its a Nic Cage film, if its a little hammy so what? And we got two great guest appearances, Anthony Head of Buffy The Vampire Slayer fame and Connor MaCleod himself, Mr. Christopher Lambert! Most of all I liked Carrigan, played by Johnny Whitworth. I think he'd make a good replacement for Heath Ledgers Joker, and if they ever need a new Beetlejuice...

If this movie has one real drawback I think its that it doesnt really have a connection to the original film. I really feel like Ghost Rider and Ghost Rider: SoV were two very different films, the original was much darker, but it also felt much more formulated, while the new film has a lot more fun. I do wish we could have seen a few more tricks on the bike too, but thats beside the point.

So there you have it. My feelings on Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence. Tonight, we'll do 'Downton Abbey: The Christmas Special'

No comments:

Post a Comment